Read more information about yacht charter in Abacos on the following tabs: about Abacos, Abacos weather. Get some inspiration from the Abacos itineraries tab and start planning your next sailing itinerary, read detailed descriptions of Abacos sailing destinations, or read our Abacos sailing article.
Boat rental in Abacos
Public marinas around Abaco Island:
- Abaco Beach Resort Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.545434, -77.045303
- Conch Inn Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.546197, -77.053189
- Great Abaco Beach Resort Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.545568, -77.045260
- Green Turtle Cay: Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.776301, -77.340583
- Green Turtle Cay: Sunset Marine – GPS Coordinates: 26.765626, -77.327796
- Jib Room Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.546208, -77.053198
- Sandy Point: Lightbourn’s Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.025612, -77.401478
- Mangoes Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.546687, -77.052472
- El Cow Bay: Lower Public Dock – GPS Coordinates: 26.540836, -76.959752
- Spanish Cay Marina – GPS Coordinates: 26.941254, -77.526883
- Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort – GPS Coordinates: 26.674505, -77.280976
Find sailing routes in Abacos or choose another sailing charter in the Bahamas
The country’s weather is dominated by a subtropical monsoon climate. The Abacos really do not have an off-season. On the coast, the climate is generally sunny and pleasant year-round, influenced by the trade winds. Some months are rainy and others dry. Of course, temperatures vary by location.
Even the rainy season (May through November) rarely offers challenges for visitors. Even the occasional tropical rainstorm is usually short-lived. Summers may see temperatures from 26 °C to 32 °C and higher humidity. The average yearly medium heat is 28°C. The Caribbean region is characterized by the all year long hot and humid tropical climate. The weather is somewhat cool and dry from the middle of January to the middle of April. From the middle of June to the middle of November it’s usually hot, wet, and rainy. The low latitude, warm tropical Gulf Stream, and low elevation give the Abacos a warm and winterless climate. The low latitude, warm tropical Gulf Stream, and low elevation give the Abacos a warm and winterless climate.
Rent a boat in Abacos, and cruise around Abacos
Day 1. Spanish Wells – Annie Bight 39, 50 km (24, 54 mi), Day 2. Annie Bight – Rock Sound 75, 85 km (47, 13 mi), Day 3. Rock Sound – Waderick Wells Cay 72, 55 km (45, 08 mi), Day 4. Waderick Wells Cay – Shroud Cay 29, 75 km (18, 49 mi) (19, 88 mi), Day 5. Shroud Cay – Highbourne Cay 23, 85 km (14, 82 mi) (46, 35 mi), Day 6. Highbourne Cay – Nassau 63, 10 km (39, 21 mi) Day 7. Nassau – Egg Island – Spanish Wells 67, 05 km (41, 66 mi)